Batteries don’t live forever; the constant charge and discharge reduces the lifetime of the battery reducing its maximum capacity. This is a normal occurrence in anything that uses a battery. The fix is quick and easy with affordable prices. In worst cases the battery will swell up affecting the trackpads click and touch sensors. This has an increased risk of spontaneous combustion, or explosion. A way to know when a battery service is due, the device will push a notification titled “Service Recommended”. If you can use your trackpad most likely the battery has expanded to the point where the trackpad becomes dysfunctional. Then this is the time where you should have the battery replaced and get your device running as good as new.
What Causes The Battery Life To Be Reduced?
- Batteries don’t last forever. As the chemicals and materials age, they lose their effectiveness. They will slowly hold less charge over time.
- Charging overnight may be a cause as sometimes the wrong charger is used with the wrong power output which can damage the battery overall health.
- Using the wrong charger in general is bad for the battery.
How To Increase Battery Life?
- Fully charge and discharge the phone.
- Try not to overnight charge.
- Charge the phone from 10-100% and once fully charged disconnect the power cable.
- Keep brightness low, when possible, to put less strain on the battery.